Rape case vs. actor-politician dropped, actor to sit as 2nd top official of Or. Mindoro
CALAPAN CITY – The celebrated rape case against actor-politician and Oriental Mindoro Provincial Board Member Patrick Dela Rosa is now dropped and the latter was already out of his detention cell and reinstated since April in his elected post in the said province.
Not only this, Dela Rosa, who was jailed at the Quezon City Jail for about five months since October last year (2010), will also serve as the second highest elected official of the province, or acting Oriental Mindoro vice-governor anytime this coming June.
This was learned from Vice-Governor and now acting Oriental Mindoro Governor Humerlito A. Dolor, in a recent press conference here, after the latter announced the temporary structure of the provincial administration in lieu of the absence of Governor Alfonso V. Umali, Jr., who is now serving his three-month suspension from a graft and administrative cases.
Vice-Governor Dolor told newsmen that Dela Rosa was actually reinstated on April 6 after the actor-politician’s rape case, which was filed by a 20-year old female college student last October, was dropped and Dela Rosa was freed from his detention cell.
Dela Rosa was charged with rape at the Quezon City Regional Trial Court on October 12, 2010 after he was arrested on October 8 after the 20-year-old supposed female victim complained that she was raped by the actor-politician while she was drunk and asleep at a condominium in Cubao.
Rape is a heinous crime, and is a non-bailable criminal offense.
After being reinstated in his political post, Dela Rosa, a former character actor and was elected on May 2010 local elections as topnotcher in the 10-man seat of Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Oriental Mindoro, attended a special SP session outside of the province last April 13.
He is now on vacation at the United States and is scheduled to return to the province this June to serve as acting vice-governor or SP presiding officer until Dolor return to his old post when Umali finished his suspension sometime on July this year and reclaimed his provincial governor’s post.
Dolor declined to comment when asked how the provincial board member’s criminal case was dropped, but hinted the supposed victim had a changed of heart when members of Dela Rosa’s family persistently talked with the said complainant.( By JUANCHO R. MAHUSAY)